JOB ID: 103
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime
- Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
- Responsible for regular backups and recovery of databases.
- Responsible for regular maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving).
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Support complex web-based applications.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Looking for a detail-oriented candidate that will take ownership of the DBA .
- PostgreSQL 8.3+ experience required.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical
design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux and Strong understanding of command line and server administration.
- Minimum 4+ of experience is required.
Nice to have:
- Technical certifications a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Weekly 5 days working.
- Health Insurance.