Job Title: LINUX ENGINEER/ LINUX ADMINISTRATOR
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent with 4+ years of experience.
- RHCE certified
No. of Positions: 3
Salary: As per the industry standards
Technical Skills: –
RHCE (Red Hat certified Engineer) with 4+ yrs experience.
- Automate installation with Kickstart. Installing and updating software packages, Linux patches and
upgrades, and archive and copy files between systems.
- Working knowledge on networking services such as HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- Knowledge on file system permissions, logical volume management (LVM) storage, attached storage with the network file system (NFS), create and edit text files with vim, manage the priority of Linux processes, coordinate time using other NTP peers, backup and restore a database, perform simple SQL queries against a database.
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware, OS and network issues. Knowledge of the Linux kernel, networking, and memory management. Excellent troubleshooting skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Hands on experience of RedHat Clustering will be an advantage.
- Scripting skills in (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.) will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Openshift, Redhat and Ansible.
- Hands on experience in design, deployment, configuration of OpenShift environments.
- Exposure to tools like Nagios/Gangila or any open source products.
- Experience with Release Engineering and Continuous Integration using tools like Maven, Jenkins, Knowledge of SCM concepts using tools like Git, SVN etc.
- Strong understanding of NFS, DNS, NIS, SMTP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, LDAP.
- Knowledge on Unix Shell Scripting.
- Understanding of Storage Environments like NAS/SAN.
- Strong understanding of system deployment tools such as Kick start, Jumpstart.
- Understanding of supported system architecture and evolving technologies.
- Highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro active attitude to work, and willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedure, and adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- Initiates dialogue, encourages discussion and shares knowledge willingly.
- Logical & systematic approach to problem solving.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders spread across various time zones.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Vendor management.