In a world that has become increasingly data-centric, Information Governance (IG) is indispensable for the management, usage, security, retention, and disposition of all business information. IG helps organizations meet today’s heavy compliance obligations, and it provides protection against data loss, reduces security risks, and prevents information overload—thus saving time, effort, and money.
Alfresco Governance Services (AGS) brings an extraordinary combination of simplicity and control to IG with open, fully-integrated content and extensive process governance that maintains and strengthens compliance. AGS has emerged as a long-time, trusted partner to leading organizations globally that operate in the most highly regulated industries in the world.
AGS automates the information lifecycle completely from capturing through retention and finally destruction or archiving and requires little to no intervention by its users. Some of the essential capabilities of AGS include Records Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Security and Access Control, Regulatory Compliance, eDiscovery & Legal Holds, along with Content Federation.
There are a number of critical features that make Alfresco Governance Services stand out among other IG solutions.
- Automated records management: AGS provides a consistent usage and compliance experience with automatic review, approval, declaration, and filing due to its intricate integration with Alfresco Process Services. Business rules and metadata power these capabilities, making user action a thing of the past. Retention schedules can be controlled effortlessly using Configurable File Plans and integrating Alfresco Intelligence Services does away with the headaches of categorizing content.
- Rich security features: Alfresco has developed cutting-edge security features for business files and corporate records in collaboration with multiple governments and intelligence agencies over the years. AGS provides a combination of access controls, security clearance levels, and security marks resulting in highly granular control over all security and permission protocols. On top of these, an end-to-end audit trail allows organizations to track who accessed a file, when they accessed it and what action was taken.
- Managing information lifecycle: With AGS, organizations can seamlessly store content and records on a variety of different storage devices in compliance with regulatory requirements. It offers integration with on-premises and cloud storage (AWS, Azure, etc.) to maximize storage flexibility and reduce underlying costs. Automated content migration is provided across multiple storage tiers which include support for Amazon S3 for regular storage of frequently accessed data, S3 Standard-IA for less frequent access, and S3 Glacier for long-term archiving or digital preservation.
- Flexible open-source core: All Alfresco platforms are based on open-source technology and open standards and AGS is no exception. In the absence of proprietary systems or format lock-ins, documents can be accessed seamlessly even in the future while legacy records can be managed in their own systems without a need to migrate. This also helps to readily integrate new applications and assets into existing records management systems.
- Seamless compliance management: AGS is the only open-source based records management platform that can flaunt certifications like DoD 5015.02 CH2 and CH3. As such, it satisfies records management mandates like NARA/OMB (2016, 2019), ISO 15489, ISO 16175, MoReq, and VERS and also supports data privacy laws, such as GDPR, CCPA, Ohio Data Privacy, etc. to ensure legal compliance.
Taashee Linux Services is an Alfresco Gold partner with dedicated teams specializing in Alfresco development, consulting, migration, support, maintenance, training, Alfresco-SAP integration, record management, mobile implementation, and e-commerce integration.
For a package of Alfresco services customized exactly to your needs, you can contact us at email@example.com or call us at +91-9154910504.